Spring is in full swing in central Maryland. The birds are chirping, the bees are buzzing and the days are getting longer; there is no time like the present to dive into some spring gardening. Whether you are a gardening novice or master horticulturist, Frederick has its fair share of local nurseries with helpful staff to help you select the perfect plants, shrubs and flowers for your garden. Check out some of Evolution Home Group’s picks for our favorite garden centers.
- Surreybrooke, 8537 Hollow Rd. Middletown, MD
- Surreybrooke is more than just a garden center, while offering a vast array of plants that would “be sure to please even the most discriminate gardener,” the grounds are also home to some of the most beautiful gardens in the area. Surreybrooke offers multiple greenhouses full of annuals, succulents and other unusual plants. Don’t forget to take a stroll through the gardens and explore the salvaged log cabin and old cottage shop.
- Mar-Lu View, 3810 Lander Rd. Jefferson, MD
- Mar-Lu View Nursery and Landscaping has been serving the Frederick community for 40 years. Recently remodeled and expanded, the Mar-Lu View garden center offers a wide variety of plants and garden decor to match any taste. The nursery also hosts special events including seminars, workshops and the ever popular Kid’s Club events where children of all ages can learn the joys of gardening by making unique pieces like Fairy Gardens & more.
- Barrick Garden Center, 9726 Daysville Rd. Walkersville, MD
- Barrick Garden Center is family owned & operated and celebrating their 30th year in the gardening business. Located in Walkersville, the company got its start as a landscaping company but expanded into retail to better serve the DIYers of Frederick. The facility is brimming with beautiful plants, hanging baskets & trees as well as great patio furniture and so much more.
There is no shortage of great options for local nurseries in the Frederick area. What are some of your favorites? Drop your suggestions in the comments and happy gardening!